Friday, June 25, 2010

No. 57: Ten Things I Love About You

Ten Things I Love About You by Julia Quinn

I bought this book a momth or so ago, as soon as I heard that it been released. But I hadn't read it until yesterday! I have not been reading much lately, things have been pretty busy around here. A combination of actual work, remodeling work and a new iPad have been distracting me. But yesterday the girls and I played out in the front yard and it was the perfect day to lay on a blanket and read a book. So I did.

I love Julia Quinn! Her books are always so funny, but with plenty of drama and action and serious parts too. The hero is always a little tortued, but not too much. In this one Sebastian was a sniper during the war and now he can't sleep. So during his usual sleeping hours instead of sleeping he occupies himself by writing. And it is excellent.

A very excellent book all around, my only complaint is that there isn't enough backstory about the dispute between Sebastian and his Uncle. But I guess some people are just jerks.

No comments: