Friday, April 11, 2008

No. 57: Lemon Meirngue Pie Murder

Lemon Meringue Pie Murder by Joanne Fluke

Okay, this might be the end of my interest in this series. It is by far the worst one I have read. The characters were so irritating - all their minor quirks were somehow ampliphied to the point where I actually kind of hated the main character. Constantly correcting people's grammer in her head - so annoying!

There was only one funny part in the whole book. Hannah (the main character) is dating two guys at once. The irritating part is - aaaakkkkk! make a decision already! And I would prefer it not be one of the two you have now! Anyway, they are watching a fireworks show all together (yes all three of them sitting together happy as clams!) and each one reaches out to hold Hannah's hand. So she is sitting, on a blanket, holding two different guys hands at the same time. Funny - yes. Annoying - for sure!

So there are a few more books in this series but I don't know if I can read anymore. I am kind of getting fed up!

Edited to add: After I read back through this post, I seem really really cranky! Maybe it is the hormones, or maybe this book was just really bad. Hard to say, I might have to give the series another chance when I am in a better mood :)

No comments: