Monday, April 28, 2008

No. 70: Get Lucky

Get Lucky by Suzanne Brockmann

This is the last one in the series. I purposely saved it for last for a couple reasons. I really like this book, I am glad that Lucky got such a good story. But, I HATE, HATE, the cover of this book. It is terrible. Lucky is supposed to be this super hot really musclely guy - like perfect. You know this before you even read the book, because that is how he is always described. And, in like the first chapter they describe him like this:

"The man in the doorway was blindingly handsome ... his face was that of a movies star, with an elegantly thin nose that hinted of aristocracy, and eyes that redefined the word blue. ... He was, without a doubt, the sheer perfection of a Ken doll come to life."

Pretty impressive, no? Well, this is what the cover of the book looks like:


Ummm ... not quite right. This is why I hate book covers that have pictures of the characters on it. Because it usually makes the books look stupid and trashy (even if they are). But also, because every once and a while, you get a cover where the guy pictured is kind of chubby and ugly. Which would be fine, if that is how he was supposed to look, but this guy is supposed to be super hot. Like I said, not quite right. I seriously, totally hate the cover of this book.


No comments: