Tuesday, July 14, 2009

No. 69: The Seduction of an English Scoundrel

The Seduction of an English Scoundrel by Jillian Hunter

Aside from the TERRIBLE name, this book wasn't half bad. It did take me a long time to read though - I think I have been working on it for like a week, and have read at least two other books since I started. I thought the initial plot was interesting, the FMC essentially plotted her own jilting and the MMC tried to come to her rescue and save her reputation as the head of the family of the man who jilted her. But, after awhile the plot got a little annoying when the MMC tried to trick the FMC (for some reason) and make her think he wanted her to be his mistress. That was kind of dumb I thought. But all in all an okay book. It is the first in a series I believe, so I might read the ret if I am looking for something to read someday.

No comments: