Wednesday, February 24, 2010

No. 22: Little Women

Little Women by Louisa May Alcott

I have been reading this book for almost the whole month. I liked it, but it was long and not an easy read by any stretch of the imagination. But thanks to a fairly self sufficient student government class I am subbing for, I was able to finish.

I don't think I have ever read this book before, although I seemed to know what happened. Maybe because I saw the movie a million years ago. I have been reading it for so long that I can't really remember what I wanted to post about. I thought it a bit heavy on the moralizing and made me feel kind of crappy about my own failings. But the plot was interesting and I enjoyed it. A very sad part came during a class I was subbing for today and I almost cried, but didn't want to embarrass myself in front of high schoolers so I held back :)

My favorite lines:

"dear me, let us be elegant or die."

"Don't laugh, but your nose is such a comfort to me."

No comments: