Thursday, February 4, 2010

No. 21: Pride and Prejudice

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

One of the coolest things about kindle is that they have tons of free books available - mostly classics. I thought I would take advantage of this and read one of my all time favorite books. Pride and Prejudice is so good - there are so many excellent lines!!! I used (for the first time) the highlighter feature of the Kindle - you can highlight passages and then it keeps track of them and later you can access a list of all the highlighted sections.

For your reading pleasure - here are some of my favorite quotes:

"I give you leave to like him. You have liked many a stupider person."

"I could easily forgive HIS pride, if he had not mortified MINE."

"it is better to know as little as possible of the defects of the person with whom you are to pass your life."

"And now nothing remains but for me to assure you in the most animated language of the violence of my affection."

"Without thinking highly of either men or matrimony, marriage had always been her object"

"Stupid men are the only ones worth knowing after all."

"In vain I have struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you."

All excellent quotes - takes me back to high school when I had a notebook where I collected my favorite quotes from books and movies. I think I am going to employ the highlighter feature more often so I can put good and especially bad passages in the blog.

No comments: