Sunday, January 31, 2010

No. 20: Dear John

Dear John by Nicholas Sparks

I read this book because I thought I might want to see the movie, but it looks sad and so I wanted to see just how sad it would be before I committed to going to the movie. And no matter how good looking Channing Tatum is in the movie premires (and it is a lot) I don't think I will be seeing this movie because it is in fact too sad.

And I really should have known because Nicholas Sparks seems to be unable to write a book without tragedy, heartache and loss. I don't like sad movies - and I don't really like sad books. I guess I can lay the blame at Channing Tatum's feet for this one :)

This story is about John - an army sergeant, who meets Savannah - a college student, while home on leave. They fall in love but he has to go right back to Germany to finish his tour. Then, right as he is about to be discharged, September 11th happens and he re-ups. And it goes on from there, I don't want to spoil it anymore than I already have.

No comments: