Wednesday, January 13, 2010

No. 7: For the Roses

For the Roses by Julie Garwood

I got this book at a used bookstore yesterday. I couldn't resist it, this might just be my favorite Julie Garwood book of all time - especially in conjunction with the rest of the series. The Claybourne family is so awesome! I heard from a friend that she named her son after one of the characters in this book - after I made her read it in college! And she picked a good one too - Cole, which is one of my favorite names!

This book is the first in the series, about Mary Rose - the only female Claybourne and the youngest in the family. She meets Harrison MacDonald when he comes to town looking for a woman who was kidnapped as a baby. As an aside, didn't I just read another book like this? Anyway, they obviously fall in love, and it is wonderful. I am going to search my bookshelves to see if I have the rest of the series, and if not, back to the bookstore!!!

No comments: