Friday, January 22, 2010

No. 14: Out of Control

Out of Control by Suzanne Brockmann

I felt like I needed to read a guaranteed awesome book. One I could count on to be wonderful. So I turned to one of my ALL TIME favorite books EVER - Out of Control. This excellent book by an excellent author is the story of Kenny "Wildcard" Karmody and Suzannah Von Hopf. And I love it. It has almost everything that I love - Navy SEALS, not one, not two, but THREE excellent romances with happy endings, spies, secret pasts, appropriate and awesome swearing, trials and tribulations, wacky hijinks, returning characters, a lovable MMC, a relate-able and non annoying FMC, daring rescues - the whole shebang. If she could have somehow thrown in time travel and Scotland it would literally be the most perfect book in the history of the world. But, it is pretty close anyway.

I will never forget the first time I read this book - way back in 2002 when it first came out. I got it in the mail but it came right as I was headed out for an afternoon of classes (this was when I was a good student so I actually went to my classes) and so I brought it along in case I had some time to kill. Lucky me one of my classes was canceled so I had an hour break between sociology and geology. I decided to take my new book to the library to read it between classes. Well, I found a seat and started reading, and I kept reading, and laughing out loud and embarrassing myself, and I never did make it to geology. I actually read the entire book sitting in the library. And then, I went home and read it again. And I think I have read it probably 10 or more times since then. Love this book!!!

No comments: