Wednesday, January 13, 2010

No. 4: A Matter of Class

A Matter of Class by Mary Balogh

I love Mary Balogh and I love her new books (her old ones, not so much) This was a good one, a twist on the usual forced into marriage plot. The FMC, from a wealthy titled family, was "ruined" by scandal when she attempted to run off with a coachman. The MMC, from a wealthy but untitled family is in trouble because of his wasteral lifestyle and extravagant ways. The FMC's father, who made his money in coal mining (and we all know how much regcency era nobels hated coal miners) and desperately wanted an entre into society, he thinks he might have a chance now that the neighboring Earl's daughter is disgraced. So he forces his son to propose or he will cut him off.

My only problem with this book is that it is ridicululously short - I finished it in an hour and a half. And it was $9.99 which makes it more expensive than going to the movies for a shorter period of time of entertainment. I would like to make a rule that all books must be at least 350 pages, if not more. I do love a long good book :)

No comments: