Tuesday, January 19, 2010

No. 11: Band of Brothers

Band of Brothers by Stephen Ambrose

Aaron got the blue ray of this movie for Christmas and we watched it all over a couple of days because it was so good. I thought the book might have even more awesomeness, more back story and more details. And in some respects it did. But in many ways it was less than the movie. The author wasn't apparantly into a lot of descriptions. It was almost like a guy telling you about a research project he did. Not like an author telling a story about amazing people and events. So, in this very very rare case, I actually prefer the movie (or miniseries I guess) to the book.

I did like that the last chapter provided a lot more information about what happened to Easy Company after the war. But they did tell some of that in the movie too. So, my advice is, watch the movie.

No comments: