Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Nos. 94 - 96: Stephanie Plum series 1 - 3

One for the Money by Janet Evanovich
Two for the Dough
Three to Get Deadly

I started reading this series (again) after finding out via the internet that they are making a movie based on the first book - One For the Money I think it is called. I was so extremely excited until I learned that they had cast Katherine Heigel as Stephanie Plum. I can't imagine anyone less Stephanie-like than Katherine Heigel. I mean really. She seems like such a B, and is not funny, and is not goofy or any of the characteristics that Stephanie has in the books. Bad bad casting. Everyone else seems fine - most are relatively unknown, but  at least they look right for the parts. Hopefully they can act. I will be mad if they FINALLY make this series into a movie and then ruin it.

Anyway, I read the first three so far - and I like them, obviously I like them, but I really like the series more and more as it goes on. And the early books not as much. Things are not quite perfected yet - Lula is not as sassy, Ranger is not as sexy (and in one book he wore a black leather jacket with beaded fringe - no Ranger I know would ever wear such a terrible thing, even if it was the 90s) and the whole Stephanie-Ranger-Joe triangle is not as developed as I like. But all that withstanding, I still like the books alot. I think I will just keep plowing through the series until I finish or get distracted by something new. But right now I am enjoying it!

No comments: