Tuesday, September 4, 2012

No. 100: Gone Too Far

by Suzanne Brockmann

For my 100th book of the year I wanted to read something great, an old favorite if you will. So I searched my bookshelf for my all time favorite SEAL book, maybe my all time favorite book period - Out of Control. But it was not there!!! It was horrible. I may have cried. Or said a bad word. Also, it was late at night and I was desperate to read. So rather than acting rationally and looking somewhere else, or just ordering the book again on my kindle so I could carry it with me everywhere I go (which is a brilliant idea and something I will do immediately) I knocked my extensive collection of Suzanne Brockmann books on the floor in a fury of searching and in my despair settled on the book at the top of the pile.

Turns out, it was Gone Too Far featuring my SECOND favorite couple Sam and Alyssa!!! Not Alyssa so much I guess (she grows on a person but is kind of a B for a few books) but SAM! Oh how I love Sam. His swearing is so frequent and so awesome, his tough yet sensative yet jack ass-ey personality is so endearing/irritating. He is almost as good as Ken Karmody in Out of Control. Almost.

So even though it was not my intention to read this as book #100, it was a happy coincidence because it reminded me of how much I love Sam/Roger/Ringo. And that is a lot.

Now I am going to find Out of Control ASAP! Because I love Ken even more :)

No comments: