Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014 - #1: The Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare

What a way to kick off a new year of reading and blogging! This book was just as amazing as I hoped and heard it would be. I loved the entire series - Clockwork Angel and Clockwork Prince - but this was the best! I am sick in bed with the flu and I still couldn't put it down to rest, I had to finish it even though I was desperate for a nap and a shower and drugs.

I won't lie, I cried, several times. I may have even talked to the book out loud, which was concerning to my family as they thought my fever was more significant than I had let on. But Jem! And Will! My love for Will Herondale has grown out of control. He has definitely become one of my top 5 favorite male book characters ever. Like, I love him. Love.

Anyway, I would totally recommend this series to anyone who is into ya, paranormal, steam punk or amazingness and I gave it 5 stars on good read.

Today is January 1st and my resolution this year, at least as far as reading/book resolutions go is to re-start the blog to keep track of my reading again. I also hope to read more than 100 books this year which I recognize is a challenge because I an once again working full time. But fingers crossed I will manage to fulfill both resolutions and 2014 will be another great year for reading!!!

No comments: