Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014 - #2: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

I got the first four books in the Mortal Instruments series for Christmas! Thanks Mom and Cory! I just finished the Infernal Devices series this afternoon and since I am still sick in bed, what better activity do I have to do than read? Nothing is the answer. There is very rarely something better to do than read, in my experience. 

Anyway, I liked it. It was surprising for sure, and I am very curious to know where the author is going with all this Jace and Clary business. As of yet I do not like any of the characters half as much as I do the Infernal Devices characters. Oh Will, I miss you so. But it was action and mystery packed and I read it all in about 4 hours minus time to fix dinner, put my kids to bed, and whine about how sick I am. So maybe 3 hours total reading time give or take. Not bad I'd say considering how much time I spent whining. 

I obviously will be finishing the series, and I rated it 4 stars on goodreads, so I would also recommend it to anybody who likes paranormal ya books. There really is something for everyone. Werewolves, vampires, rats, betrayal, mystery and many amusing proposed band names. I can't wait to read the rest! Although I will in fact wait until tomorrow because of my desperate need for sleep. Sleeeeep.

No comments: