Wednesday, March 26, 2008

No. 48: Lover in the Rough

Lover in the Rough by Elizabeth Lowell

I grabbed a book at random off the shelf and this is what I got. It was not a good pick. Not only do I HATE the title, this book featured an excess of all the things I dislike about Elizabeth Lowell (terrible dialogue and descriptions), and none of the stuff I liked. The plot was lame, no mystery or excitement. The only conflict was based on a stupid misunderstanding that would have never happened if the characters in the book acted like real people. So irritating! One of those where if one person had told the other person something at the beginning, the whole conflict would have been avoided. But they didn't tell, so when the other person finds out the "secret" they get mad and confused and they think that everything they ever thought/felt was a lie. But really it is just a stupid misunderstanding. I don't think words can express how irritating that type of plot is to me!

No comments: