Saturday, January 10, 2009

No. 2: It Happened One Night

It Happened One Night by Stephanie Laurens, Mary Balogh, Jacquie D'Alessandro and Candice Hern

This book had an interesting concept - it is four novellas and the authors decided in advance to write using the same plot - a man and a woman who have not seen each other for 10 years meet again when they find them selves staying at an in for a 24 hour period. Using this plot the authors then decided to write their own stories.

I have read books by Stephanie Laurens and liked them, and I am a huge Mary Balogh fan so I was not surprised that I enjoyed those stories the most. I didn't love them, but I thought they were good. I actually think I liked Stephanie Laurens' better, but they were both good.

I thought the D'Alessandro novella was okay. Not great but not bad. But I was not a fan of the Candice Hern story. I didn't like the dialogue, the plot is one I am not a fan of (the woman used to be a prostitue and I hate that). But I thought the idea was so interesting that the 4 stories were so different.

No comments: