Thursday, January 15, 2009

No. 4: Fire and Ice

Fire and Ice by Julie Garwood

This is a brand new book by one of my favorite authors. It is a contemporary mystery kind of book. Very different than anything else she has written, but it was still good. It was also set (in part) in Alaska! I always think that is kind of funny. Part in Prudoe and Barrow and some villages around there. Since I have never been up there, I cant vouch for her accuracy, but for some reason I didn't think that grizzlies, wolves and polar bears all live in the same area - particularly not so far north. But I can't say for certain it is wrong, it just seems wrong. I suppose I will have to ask around.

The weird thing about this book was that there didn't seem to be that much character development for the main characters. It was pretty cursory and I almost thought she spent more time on the secondary characters and plot. So I didn't love the MMC and I didn't really have any strong feelings about the FMC. That could be why I didn't love the book, I usually like more character development.

No comments: