Friday, July 16, 2010

No. 71: Sizzle

Sizzle by Julie Garwood

I have written about my undying love and affection for Julie Garwood many times. She is excellent, particularly her historical stuff, but she writes a pretty good crime mystery/thriller too. This is one of those, featuring an FBI agent with a Scottish accent (which I approve of) and a film student. I randomly selected this book after I finished my MARATHON Lisa Kleypas session and I was in desperate need of something to read so I could avoid doing dishes. Because I hate dishes.

Anyway, Sam, the foxy Scottish FBI agent, is recruited to be a bodyguard for Lyra (which is a dumb name because I kept thinking Laura) after her apartment is broken into by kidnappers. So they have to spend every minute together so she can be safe. And inevitably they fall in love because (did I mention) he is a foxy Scottish FBI agent which as everyone knows is an irresistible combination. And she is a young beautiful film student with great legs.

This book has some great secondary characters including a delusional, incompetent, stupid hit man, a grandmother who steals holy water, money grubbing parents and a roommate who will likely become the FMC in her own book. So it was good, but it was no historical Scottish love story.

No comments: