Friday, February 3, 2012

No. 20: Dead Until Dark

Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris


I recently (very recently) watched all four seasons of True Blood in a row in a very short period of time. It was pretty much awesome and I have a new found appreciation for the vampire/werewolf genre thanks to Eric and Alcide. Totally better than Edward and Jacob - perhaps because they are much closer to my own age rather than being all teenagerey. Also taller and more muscles.

Regardless, once I finished my True Blood binge, I felt sadly empty, without purpose. Until I remembered that the tv series was based on a series of books! Jackpot! I love nothing more than starting a new lengthy series of books. Lucky for me, this book was pretty good. Good enough that I already got the second. Not so good that I would pick it over the tv series - it really is hard to beat watching a vampire viking on television. I do have a very good imagination though, which helps.

No comments: