Saturday, August 25, 2012

No. 95: Narcissus in Chains

Narcissus in Chains by Laurell K Hamilton

Remember when I wondered when this series would enter Meredith Gentry territory - when it would start to reach the boundaries of my ability to tolerate it? Well, we are there. Gone is the chaste badass Anita who struggled with her attraction to the two men in her life. Now we have the slutty Anita who has sex with dudes because of some vampire nonsense. Anyway, when it went from speculative fiction to speculative erotic fiction I lost interest. I read the 50 Shades of Grey series this year, I have had just about all the kinky I can handle this year.

So I took the rest of the series that I had checked out back to the library unread. Time for something new. I am thinking it might be time to re-read some Stephanie Plum. Or maybe something actually new. Who knows!

No comments: