Wednesday, August 29, 2012

No. 96: Smokin' Seventeen

by Janet Evanovich

Ah irony, so amusing. I wanted a break from vampire sex books so I turn to my old friend Janet Evanovich. Only to discover that this book has a vampire (a self proclaimed vampire anyway) and more sex than the other 16 books in the series combined and the FMC has a dangerous job where people want to kill her, try to kill her, and she is torn between two hot guys who want her. Hilarious the similarities. Hilarious.

Similarities aside, I like this series 1,000 times more than the Anita Blake series. Maybe more. Stephanie Plum is likable, she is not a sociopath, she has emotions, she experiences fear and regret. Her cars explode. She has an awesome ex-prostitute sidekick for heavens sake! That is comedy gold right there. The next book in this series comes out in November I think. I can't wait!

No comments: