Monday, August 18, 2008

No. 95: Breaking Dawn (2)

I read this one again. It took me a few days because we have been so busy. But, on after a second read I decided that I like this book more than I thought. Without being TOTALLY shocked like I was the first time, I was able to get more I think. I have a new appreciation for the Jacob section of the book (even though I hated him in Eclipse! HATE! and was slightly annoyed with him in New Moon because he was stupid) I noticed even more the absence of Alice which was a bummer because she is so so so funny - though she does have some good lines. I still don't like Rosalie but I like Emmett even more (funny!) but I don't understand why they are together - she could have expanded on their relationship a lot more. I liked the third section much more the second time around as well. Basically, I liked the whole book more. It was less shocking and emotional than the first time - it was seriously crazy the first read :)

Twilight is by far my favorite of the series, but I like them all together - it is nice to get some closure. I am sure I will read Twilight many more times (especially before the movie comes out in November) but I don't know if I will read the whole series again for a little while.

In other reading news. My goal was to get to 100 books this month. I don't know if I am going to make it because the month is more than half over and I only have one book lined up to read. I might have to make an emergency trip to the bookstore or library :)

No comments: