Thursday, August 21, 2008

No. 97: The Book of Scandal

The Book of Scandal by Julia London

This was pretty okay - not awesome, but not bad. It was set in the early 1800s - like 1806 or so. The plot centered around the scandal involving the Prince and Princess of Wales and their respective possible adultery and whatnot. I liked that part of the book more than I liked the main characters story line. The FMC was kind of irritating, but I also felt sorry for her. The MMC was better, but he was a little weak and a little overbearing. I thought the mystery part of the book was lacking and I didn't feel worried or nervous about what was going to happen. In general I am not a huge fan of stories about a married couple who separate and get back together so that might be the reason I didn't love it.

No comments: