Tuesday, August 26, 2008

No. 98: Dangerous

Dangerous by Amanda Quick

If there was one word to describe Amanda Quick's writing style it would be verbose. Seriously seriously verbose - the dialogue, the descriptions, everything. I cannot tell you how many times she used the phrase "spectral phenomena" in this book. But, for some reason it does not annoy me, it cracks me up. I have even had to resort to the dictionary a few times and that almost never happens.

All her books are the same - smart, independent, bluestocking type meets strong, mysterious slightly dangerous man with a bad reputation - there is a dangerous mystery to be solved (usually about something weird) - he wants to protect her, she thinks she can take care of herself then BAM they fall in love, solve the mystery and live happily ever after. Despite the sameness of all her books, I always like them and they are fun reads.

No comments: