Monday, June 20, 2011

No. 45: Always the Baker, Never the Bride

Always the Baker Never the Bride by Sandra Bricker

This was another free kindle book that I got some time ago and forgot about. I like it when that happens because then when I find it is a happy surprise, and I am usually desperate for something to read. Which I was in this case. I am not sure what genre I would put this in, it is sort of a hybrid inspirational/cosy/romanceish book. But good, because the inspirational aspect was not nearly as annoying as it can be, the cosy cake baking stuff was good because I like cake and baking cakes and recipes, and the romanceish part was alright too. I also enjoyed the secondary characters quite a bit - especially the parents and the MMC's sisters. Not a super ringing endorsement, but I had quite low expectations and they were surpassed. I should also note that I was grumpy when I read this book, so if/when I re-read it I am sure I will have a lot more to say.

No comments: