Thursday, March 5, 2009

No. 17: First Comes Marriage

First Comes Marriage by Mary Balogh

This is the first book in a brand spanking new series by one of my favorite authors! I am so excited!!! It was great, and I can't wait for the rest. There should be at least 4 total - at least that is what I can tell from amazon.com. One book for each of the Huxtable sisters and brother. The only thing I don't like is that their last name is Huxtable which makes me think of the Cosby Show.

This is the story of the second oldest sister Vanessa (Nessie). She is a widow and had been living with her husband's family. Her two sisters and younger brother lived nearby in a small town. One day, out of nowhere, a Viscount shows up and tells the family that the brother has just interited a title and he has to move to his new estate to learn how to be an Earl. I thought this was FANTASTIC! How exciting it would be to find out that your family is suddenly super rich and your brother is an Earl!

Anyway, this Viscount decides he should marry one of the sisters and Vanessa proposes to him to save her oldest sister (who may or may not be in love with someone else) and it is pretty funny. She is allegedly kind of plain, but she is funny and although he says he dislikes her and is annoyed by her he is attracted to her and they eventually fall in love - of course.

So the next book comes out at the end of the month I think, I can't wait!!!

No comments: