Thursday, October 29, 2009

No 82: Tempt Me at Twilight

Tempt Me at Twilight by Lisa Kelypas

This is a new author for me, but since I am always ready for a historical romance I thought I would give it a try. Turns out I really like her historical stuff (more on the contemporary stuff later) and I especially love that she has two series that interconnect! My favorite thing!!!

I unfortunately did not read this series in the right order, I have to confess I bought this book for two reasons - the FMC's name is Poppy which I like very much and the title has Twilight in it and I was in a Twilight-y kind of mood when I saw it. Which is actually interesting because while this book is nothing like Twilight, a later (technically earlier) book is!

Anyway, this book has a lot of the things I like in a romance - the MMC is dark and mysterious and kind of grumpy (I have no idea why this is appealing but it is) and he desperately wants her despite being somewhat inappropriately matched. Very good stuff. This book is also surprisingly funny, the characters are very witty and intelligent which makes the dialouge MUCH better than many other romances wherein the dialouge is painful.

*edited to add - turns out I have read something by this author before, I just forgot about it! Blue Eyed Devil which I didn't love - maybe because in my opinion her contemporary stuff is nowhere near as good as her historical.

No comments: