Thursday, October 29, 2009

No. 85: Sugar Daddy

Sugar Daddy by Lisa Kleypas

I am not writing about these books in the order I read them (I am too far behind and I can't even remember the order I read them in!) but rather in the order they are listed on my new best friend the kindle.

I just read this book yesterday - it took me longer to finish than the others for a couple of reasons - one the girls were home all day, two I took an afternoon nap with Ella, three we had to carve pumpkins which took FOREVER and four, this book is not as good as the historical series I have read previously by this author.

Turns out this is the second contemporary novel I have read by this author and I feel kind of the same way about it. It was an interesting story with interesting characters, but it was kind of depressing, and not in an emo, obsessive, kill-my-self-if-you-die way, but more in a lots of bad things happen to one person and it makes me sad way. I don't want to be sad when I read, I want to be happy. Also, I was kind of pissed about the way she handled Hardy - I don't want to spoil it, but seriously, not cool!!!

No comments: