Thursday, October 29, 2009

No. 84: Seduce Me at Sunrise

Seduce Me at Sunrise by Lisa Kleypas

This is the third in the Hathaway series, about a middle daughter Win who was an invalid after having scarlett fever. But the book starts before she gets sick when Meripen (a gypsy) comes to live with her family after being left for dead by his own tribe as a youth. Win and Meripen have an instant connection when the meet despite their young age and the fact that Meripen is seriously injured.

As they grow up the connection remains and turns into attraction although neither of them act on it. And then, Win gets scarlett fever and she is so sick she could die. (this is my favorite part - very Twilight-y) Meripen mixes up some medicine that is also a deadly poison and he keeps enough of the poison so that if Win dies, he can drink it and die too!!! I have no idea why I like this so much, it is kind of crazy and depressing - and I know that - but it is also very Edward going to Italy to die after he thinks Bella is dead and God knows I love Edward. Anyway, Win survives and so does Meripen. Win goes off to a clinic in France to try and recover her health and does, coming back to England with the Doctor who helped her. Making Meripen extremely jealous and angry. And I will leave the rest up to your imagination but I am sure you know it ends happily ever after.

No comments: