Thursday, May 24, 2012

No. 54: Girl at Sea

Girl at Sea by Maureen Johnson

I read this book for the second time for no reason whatsoever - other than the fact that I was in a reading mood and had nothing better to read. I didn't love this book the first time around and frankly I liked it less this time. It is a young adult book (as so many books I read nowadays are) but this is maybe a little to teen angsty for me. I can't really identify, I didn't have THAT much drama in my teen years. Although I am sure my parents would beg to differ. So if the only real story line is teenage nonsense, it is hard for me to love it.

Although I will end by saying I have read several books by this author and actually liked them all on the first reading. They may just not be keepers. Not every book is.

No comments: