Thursday, May 24, 2012

No. 51 - 53: The Serpent's Shadow, Throne of Fire and Red Pyramid

The Serpent's Shadow by Rick Riordan

This is the third book in the Kane Chronicles series. It was good, but for some reason I can't get into this series as much as I can with the Percy Jackson or Heroes of Olympus series. Maybe because I am completely unfamiliar with Egyptian mythology so I tend to get a little confused as to which god/goddess does what? Who knows. I am not saying it isn't worth reading, it really is good. And this one is probably better than the first two.

I really liked Sadie a lot more in this book, her conflict between Walt and Anubis had a very interesting and unexpected outcome. I think the relationships between the characters is good enough that I can get over my lack of knowledge about the mythology. I also really liked the relationship between Sadie and Bes and Bast. There might have been a few tears (or almost tears) shed over the course of the series regarding those three!

In preparation of the release of this new book, I also read the first two books in the series. Any excuse, right?

I am sure I will keep reading this series, you know how I get. Once I start a series I can't stop. Even if it becomes terrible (see, Laurel K. Hamilton's Meredith Gentry series - I totally read ALL of them)

No comments: