Friday, July 6, 2012

No. 76: Chasing Fire

By Nora Roberts

I have been so disappointed by Nora Roberts recent new books, I didn't even read this when it first came out last year. I didn't even care. But when I saw it at the library I knew I couldn't resist Nora forever. I always give in.

This was much less disappointing than I was expecting. I had no independent knowledge of smoke jumpers prior to reading, so it was definitely interesting. Although, it sounds pretty horrible, I don't understand why anyone would do it. That aside, the main characters were interesting and their relationship was kind of sweet and funny.

There were a few too many fire fighting scenes but that is acceptable. What is unacceptable is that I predicted who the bad guy was right away. Nora needs to step up her game.

No comments: