Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Nos. 78-80: 50 Shades of Grey Series

By EL James

After dozens of people recommended this series to me, I felt compelled to use by birthday amazon gift cards to buy it. I was told, "if you liked Twilight you will LOVE this!" and the LOVE was literally in caps. And I did like Twilight, quite a bit if I am being honest. So I read them.

I have to confess, I am not a fan. I wanted to like Christian Grey - I even tried to picture him as Matt Bomer (of White Collar and Magic Mike fame) which initially totally worked for me. But, to my dismay, I found the book creepy and kind of gross when it should have been hot. And there is really no coming back from that. Creepy and gross is creepy and gross.

The second two were better, but not much. I am so disappointed!!! I have been waiting for a really awesome totally engrossing series a la Twilight. I guess I will have to keep looking!

No comments: