Friday, July 27, 2012

Nos. 84 & 85: The Lunatic Cafe and Bloody Bones

By Laurell K Hamilton

Two more books in the Anita Blake vampire hunter series. I am liking the series more and more, although I am starting to feel for poor Anita, she cannot catch a break!

While I am reading these books, and talking about them I think that Charlain Harris (author of the Sookie Stackhouse series) is the author of these books, they have a very similar feel. Less sex (so far) but the world of Anita feels a lot like Sookies. In reality, however, the author is Laurell Hamilton who has the unfortunate distinction of writing my least favorite series of books ever - the Meredith Gentry fairy series! Weird.

Anyways, my library has most of this series so I think I will keep on reading until I either run out or start to have Meredity Gentry-ish feelings about it. Lets hope that doesn't happen!

No comments: