Tuesday, October 21, 2008

No. 131: Caroline and the Raider

Caroline and the Raider by Linda Lael Miller

So, it turns out I checked out about a million Linda Lael Miller books from the library. I am not sure why, I am kind of sick of them, but if I have a book that I have not read, I am compelled to read it. This particular book had a pretty good plot, a little different - the FMC and MMC were both initially promised to other peole, and they were trying hard not to like each other (for awhile) and then it kind of went downhill. All of the "romance" parts were horrible!!! The dialogue and descriptions were just ridiculous. I could not stop rolling my eyes, and on several occasions I actually snorted out loud. Which was kind of embarassing when I was reading it at work during lunch. Peole kept looking in my office like they were concerned about me.

So, I think it is time for a break from the old west post-civil war Linda Lael Miller books. They are all sounding the same and kind of annoying.

No comments: