Friday, October 24, 2008

No. 132: Springwater Wedding

Springwater Wedding by Linda Lael Miller

So technically, since this is a contemporary book, and not post-civil war, I did read something different than usual. Although it is still set in the same town as all the other Springwater books, so it is really not that different. But I found it in my library pile and it was almost due back and I think (hope) that it is the last un-read Springwater book.

But it wasn't very good - I prefer the historical westerns to the contemporary ones. This book had too many cliches, and my cliche tolerance level is pretty high. I did like the sherriff whose name was Purvis (good name) and his relationship with Nell and his mother. The rest of it was so-so. I really am going to read something totally different now. Probably.

No comments: