Friday, April 3, 2009

No. 31: Then Comes Seduction

Then Comes Seduction by Mary Balogh

I was so happy to see that the newest Mary Balogh book had come out in for her new series. I thought this book was great! The FMC was the youngest Huxtable sister (yes the name still gets me) Katherine. The MMC was named Jasper (which made me think about Twilight everytime I read it - I know I am a nerd)

This had an interesting plot - in the begining of the book the MMC made a drunken bet with his drunk buddies that he would seduce and debauch a young lady - namely Katherine Huxtable. Turns out he has more honor than he thought and he couldn't go through with it and confessed his sins to Katherine. She got justifiably pissed and never wanted to see him again. Three years later she ran into him because he is a friend of her cousin and brother. She was warned away from him but ended up becoming friends with him. Then the MMCs nasty cousin started some trouble and they had to get married to save their reputation. Of course they fall in love, vanquish the evil cousin and live happily ever after.

I don't know if the next book is the oldest sister or the brother - either way, I am excited to read it!

No comments: