Friday, April 3, 2009

No. 32: The Book of Vice

The Book of Vice by Peter Sagal

I bought this book completely at random one day when I was standing in line at Barnes waiting for someone to help me find the Mary Balogh book that just came out. The cover was kind of interesting - at the top it says "Very Naughty Things (and How to Do Them) which is funny. The lady waiting behind me recommended it to me so I got it.

It is fiction, which is not my usual thing. Although I did read some last year I really enjoyed. It is written by the host of a show on NPR. Which is also not my usual thing because I am not a fan of talk radio.

But it was pretty funny and interesting - he researched all kinds of vice - gambling, lying, eating, strip clubs and went a lot of crazy places and met a lot of really interesting and weird people. It is not as good as the AJ Jacobs books I read last year, but it is in the same kind of vein and worth a read.

No comments: