Friday, April 3, 2009

No. 29: The Highlanders Touch

The Highlander's Touch by Karen Marie Moning

I actually read this quite awhile ago, I just forgot to post it. To be honest I am 4 books behind on posting.

This was a good one, the MMC is an immortal (and surprisingly 1/2 fae) laird. The FMC went back in time when she touched an enchanted something or another (flask? I can't remember). The MMC is the one who did the enchanting and he did kind of a bad job and to cover up his screw up he had promised to kill whomever brought the flask back to keep the secret of the ?flask? that is really a fae object so no one is supposed to know about it. He promised this to Adam Black (his secret Dad!) who of course had manipulated all of this to reach his own ends. Anyway, he is not about to kill an innocent woman that he conveniently has the hots for. Also he has sworn not to marry and fall in love again because of that whole inconvenient immortality thing. But don't worry, it all works out for the best and they do get married.

*edited to add - whenever I write the plots of these books out I can't help but crack up. I wonder if the author just tries to think up the craziest nonsense she can come up with and makes it in to a book. But I love them, so I guess it works!

No comments: