Sunday, June 28, 2009

Infinite Summer - Day 8 - Page85

Well, I am caught up, but I am certainly not as far into the book as I had hoped. It is still difficult going at this point. Partially because I don't know much about drugs or tennis. But there are a couple story lines that are intriguing. I need more information about Hal - specifically, can he really talk and what is his diagnosis. I also am curious about Katherine, and whether she will get any help from this doctor. There is a repeating theme of marijuana addiction and the negative impacts it has on people, which is interesting because you don't really hear about that much. I am also interested in Hal's brothers - Mario and Orin, seems like a very weird family, which I guess is the point :) But I think the plot line I am the most curious about is the medical attache - what the heck is on that video?!?!?!

I don't like the endnotes, it is kind of annoying to flip back and forth. Although I am implementing the multiple bookmark strategy which is better. I also don't like the random paragraphs of nonsense. I read it, I knew the words, but it didn't make sense. But I will persevere.

Words I Didn't Know:
apocopes
leptosomatic
quincunx

No comments: