Thursday, June 25, 2009

No. 62: Knockout/ Notes on Infinite Jest

Knockout by Catherine Coulter

Aaron bought this book for me when he got me the new Janet Evanovich. I have read some books by this author (notably, the crazy wizard book that Aaron also bought me) and liked them, especially the FBI books, like this one. This had a crazy paranormal edge that was really interesting. This was a pretty good length book - 416 pages. It had kind of two intersecting plot lines, a little girl and her mom on the run from a crazy guy named Blessed who could hypnotize people, and an FBI agent and his wife/partner who were on a manhunt for escaped bank robbers. Also the FBI agent and the little girl could communicate telepathically (I think that is the word) and so she "called" him to help her escape Blessed. Also there is a cult. So it was good. I read it all in one night even though I planned to just read a little bit.

I am starting to get a little anxiety about this whole Infinite Jest thing. I have read 49 pages in the 5 days the project has been going on. I keep hesitating to start reading again because it seems like such a big ordeal because it is such a long book (not that it has ever stopped me before) and it is kind of hard to read and so far not that awesome. But, since the day I read those 49 pages I have read THREE WHOLE OTHER BOOKS! Which I am sure all together are more pages than Infinite Jest. So I don't know what my deal is. I think I just need to sit down and read, and I guess since I have read all my new books this might be more likely. Technically I only need to read 26 more pages to keep to the schedule. That should be easily accomplished, if I can just get going!!!

No comments: