Saturday, June 13, 2009

No. 56: SEALed With a Promise

SEALed With a Promise by Mary Margret Daughtridge

I bought this book at the recommendation of a stranger at the bookstore. I didn't really want to buy it because it looked terrible, but I took a chance. It was in fact terrible and I wish I would have gone with my instincts. First off, the name - stupid SEAL pun - boo! The FMC was super annoying, the MMC was domineering and kind of creepy (also he had a STUPID nickname). The author used the phrase "alpha male" like 17 times a page and it had all the lame SEAL stuff I hate. I have a deep and abiding love for the SEALs - so it takes a lot for me to think they are annoying. I saw today that there is a whole series of SEAL books by this author. I will not be reading them, which is really too bad because I love a series and I love SEALs.

No comments: