Friday, June 19, 2009

No. 59: Angels and Demons

Angels and Demons by Dan Brown

I actually read this book a few weeks ago but forgot to post. Anyway, I read the illustrated edition which I highly recommend because whenever it talks about a painting or a sculpture or building it shows a picture of it. And since I have never been to Rome (tragically) it makes it much easier for me to follow the story rather than wondering about what a certain statute looks like or looking it up on the internet. I think this was the third time I have read this book - it was still good and it had been long enough that I could not remember what happened so I was surprised at the end still. I really like Dan Browns stories, but I do not particularly care for his writing style. The dialogue is painful in some parts which is something that really bugs me. But I have read all of his books and really enjoy the mystery and learning more about art and science - at least as much as you can learn from a fiction!

No comments: