Sunday, April 18, 2010

No. 48: Baby Bonanza

Baby Bonanza by Maureen Child

There is a genre of romance novel with baby in the title - when I was looking through Amazon the other day I found about 20. In all of them 1 of 2 things happens. (1) One of the main characters wants to have a baby or (2) The FMC gets knocked up and she has to figure out how to make the father deal with it.

This book is the second scenario. The FMC has a week long fling with her boss on a cruise ship, but he didn't know he was her boss, and then when he found out she worked for him he broke up with her and fired her. Then she found out she was pregnant with twins and wants to tell him but he is ignoring her and not responding to her emails or messages. So she goes back on the cruise ship (which the MMC owns) to confront him. But then she realizes that she still has feelings for him. And he does for her. And he finds out about the babies. And I don't want to ruin the book for you, but it turns out he isn't the huge womanizing jerk everyone thought he was! He just needed the love of a good woman and twin babies to make him a nice guy.

I got this book because it was FREE but it was also lame and I hate the baby books. I don't know why I ever get them. I never learn my lesson.

No comments: