Tuesday, April 6, 2010

No. 45: Conspiracy in Kiev

Conspiracy in Kiev by Noel Hynd

I got this book for FREE. It took me a few days to get through it though. I don't know if it was long, or just difficult to get into or what. Maybe a combination, because I did have a hard time getting into the story. I could tell - right at the beginning - what the author was setting us up for. It was obvious (to me at least) that something was going to happen to the fiancee. I could also tell that the bad guy Fedrov was not necessarily what he seemed. I also found the FMC to be a little irritating - especially the beginning of part 2. I don't know why I don't have more sympathy, obviously she was very very sad and depressed, but I thought her behavior was not at all in keeping with the character in the rest of the book, so it was annoying.

I actually didn't really get into the whole first part of the book. I thought it should have ended there and part 2 should have been a sequel. Part 2 was much better and more interesting. Although, I felt like we were getting into too much drama and tragedy just for the sake of drama and tragedy and not really to further the plot.

I have another book by this author that I will read at some point - I don't know if it is a totally different book or if it is a series though. I hit the free book jackpot recently so I have a lot to read before I get to it.

No comments: