Monday, July 7, 2008

No. 83: Twilight

Twilight by Stephanie Meyer

Oh, this book was so good!!! It is long (almost 500 pgs), and I am busy, but I read it all pretty much in one sitting (thanks to a sleeping new baby and an indulgent husband!) And now, I have to go to the store and get the next one in the series (and maybe the next one after that). I have not read any young adult books since I was a young adult, but this was so good - about high school, but so well written that it didn't seemed more directed at adults.

My friend Mary recommended this book to me - she told me that there are thousands of adult women who are obsessed with this series (like actually obsessed - stalking the movie set obsessed) and there is a website called twilightmoms.com. I am not about to start posting on the website, but I can see how people get obsessed :)

The book is about a high school junior who moves to a small town in Washington state to live with her dad and she meets ... vampires! I know! Vampires! I hate vampire books! But it is so good! All night I was saying to Aaron - "Vampires!!!" He is used to me being crazy so he pretty much ignored it :) So, I will read the rest of the series, and see the movie when it comes out (if I can actually go to the movies by then - maybe Avery likes vampire movies).

No comments: