Tuesday, July 29, 2008

No. 92: Into the Fire

Well, the first new book of the week was good! Suzanne Brockmann is always tricking me. When I read the inside cover of this book I thought it would kind of suck. But, it didn't suck at all! The main story line was Murphy and Hannah. Murphy has been in several other books - most prominantly in the one where his wife was shot and killed right in front of him. His wife that was Hannah's best friend. So that is why I thought I would not like this book. And even though I wasn't in love with the Murphy/Hannah part, it was good enough that I didn't get irritated about it. The second story line was Izzy and Eden. Izzy is a SEAL, which is good and Eden's brother is also a SEAL - which could have been annoying but wasn't. Basically this book featured a lot of plot points I usually HATE (like almost the entire plot) but for some mysterious reason I didn't. I think it has a lot to do with the writing style and the dialogue which I really like. The characters mostly talk like real people talk (unlike alot of other books - I'm talking to you Elizabeth Lowell) with plenty of swearing which seems authentic given the situations the characters are in and also is kind of funny. So, while this was not my favorite of her books, it was still good and worth the read.

Only 3 days until Breaking Dawn!!! Yea!!!

No comments: