Monday, August 2, 2010

No. 75: Infamous

Infamous by Suzanne Brockmann

A brand new Suzanne Brockmann book, and a paperback to boot! Very exciting! I bought the book in book form (rather than kindle) to add to my collection of every book Brockmann has ever written.

Even though this was not a Navy SEAL book (boo) there were SEALS briefly involved in the book, so that was nice. This was quite a different book than usual - although there was the usual action, and romance, and there was also the historical story that she used to include in some of her older Troubleshooters books. But this book is about a history professor working on a movie about a "heroic" US Marshall and how he vanquished a gang of notorious robbers and killers. The great-grandson of one of the notorious bad guys comes to the movie set to get the story straight - ably assisted in telling the true story by the ghost of his great-grandfather.

My favorite line of the book:

"I don't want you to love me."
"Then stop being so fucking amazing."

I love swearing in books! It reminds me of my favorite part of my favorite Suzanne Brockmann book, Out of Control, when Ken Karmody tells Savannah that she is "so fucking pretty" within 5 minutes of meeting her. Hysterical and awesome.

No comments: