Sunday, August 29, 2010

No. 89: Splendor

Splendor by Anna Godbersen

This is the last book in the Luxe series. I read it a few weeks ago and now I can't remember if I loved it or just liked it. That leads me to believe I just liked it. Because while I have no ability to remember the plots of books I read for more than a week, I can almost always remember if I loved a book or not.

I think my problem with this book is that things got a little crazy - there were murders and murder plots, and running away, and Cuba and heartbreak and one too many misunderstandings. All good things in moderation, but when they are all  in one book it gets to be too much. But the series as a whole was fantastic! I really really liked it and would recommend it to anyone who likes historical romancey but not romance books.

No comments: